Biggest change from last year?

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #222 by Lunarsight
Lunarsight replied the topic: Biggest change from last year?
I have some new software here that I wanted to play with, including an ASMR generator I found on Steam, and also Scala, which I'm finally starting to get a handle on using.

Scala is used for microtonal music. While I find composing microtonal music is unintuitive and can't be done quickly, I've at least found you can use the scale preview functions to create unusual melodies that you wouldn't come across on your own. I can set something to play from Scala, and then use MIDI-Ox/Yoke to import it to my primary music synthesis program.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #230 by Dweeb
Dweeb replied the topic: Biggest change from last year?
Is open D the "normal" tuning for slide? I tried it in open G (on a guitar that I keep tuned that way for Keith Richards impersonations) and I was horrible.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #234 by Tired
Tired replied the topic: Biggest change from last year?
I think open G, A, D and E are all very common. Open E seems like it'd be the easiest but I'm using open D for the slack, since I have heavier strings on it.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #305 by marineiguana
marineiguana replied the topic: Biggest change from last year?
I'm going to attempt to spend more time writing ahead of recording, instead of recording as I go along. I've even been writiing out notated melodies lately, which has been fun. Looking forward to a great RPM!

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #345 by wilsun
wilsun replied the topic: Biggest change from last year?
Biggest change? Well... I'm going into RPM this year completely blind. I've always gone in with at least a sound in mind, or a couple of half-written songs, or a theme. This year, I've got nothing planned... no songs, no concept, nothing. We'll see how well this goes!

More
3 weeks 21 hours ago #365 by Ian James
Ian James replied the topic: Biggest change from last year?
Biggest Change... not much.. no new gear, nothing written yet, but my enthusiasm is through the roof this year. There will be week nights when my wife is in school, and this I hope will help me focus, less distractions and more chance to take chances especially regarding singing... I hope to expand beyond my instrumental RPM mode, even if its 50/50, that will be an improvement.

More
3 weeks 14 hours ago #368 by theowl2010
theowl2010 replied the topic: Biggest change from last year?
I want to include a lot more of the process in this and document every step of the way. More traditional instrumentation and I'm going back to working with prepared, tabletop guitar that I haven't approached in many years.

More
1 day 12 hours ago - 1 day 12 hours ago #870 by albinoSQUIRREL
albinoSQUIRREL replied the topic: Biggest change from last year?
I am totally not worrying about classification or genre of music. I'm just writing what I please, and if somebody else digs it, then cool. It seems like I've finally given myself permission to be me. Also, alternative tunings rule.
working title
Last Edit: 1 day 12 hours ago by albinoSQUIRREL.

More
1 day 8 hours ago - 1 day 8 hours ago #873 by GumboStu
GumboStu replied the topic: Biggest change from last year?
Well last year I wasn't here so there's one difference.

New house, traffic noise, and I haven't played much this last year so I feel like I'm re-learning everything. Just getting up to speed mid way through week three.
On the plus side I played with a great band for five years so things should be a little tighter. And no alchohol this year either so things should be a little tighter. I'm older though, so I may start to repeat myself.
Last Edit: 1 day 8 hours ago by GumboStu. Reason: typo

Time to create page: 0.337 seconds