Original Music Only

More
3 weeks 56 minutes ago #373 by klandry
klandry created the topic: Original Music Only
Hey gang,

I thought it would be important to point out that the RPM Challenge should be for original music only. This means no Foo Fighters cover songs, no using Bruce Hornsby's lyrics with different arrangements - basically nothing that could get you in trouble if another artist heard it (especially if it's Huey Lewis).

Every year, there are some newcomers that don't realize that they must be making 10 songs or 35 minutes of ORIGINAL music. Now, if Tim lets me cover one of his donkey songs at some point during or after the Challenge, that's one thing. If I submit a folk cover of Michael Jackson's "Beat It," that's another.

And no, Tim, I will never at any time learn to play a folk cover of "Beat It" no matter how badly you'd like me to do it.

Keith
The following user(s) said Thank You: doctormatt, L17Tim, Ian James, themoonlitwild

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 54 minutes ago #374 by onewordheadline
onewordheadline replied the topic: Original Music Only

klandry wrote: And no, Tim, I will never at any time learn to play a folk cover of "Beat It" no matter how badly you'd like me to do it.

On the other hand, all those (ahem, non-RPM) acoustic versions of "Billy Jean" floating around are pretty successful.

More
3 weeks 33 minutes ago #375 by L17Tim
L17Tim replied the topic: Original Music Only

onewordheadline wrote:

klandry wrote: And no, Tim, I will never at any time learn to play a folk cover of "Beat It" no matter how badly you'd like me to do it.

On the other hand, all those (ahem, non-RPM) acoustic versions of "Billy Jean" floating around are pretty successful.

Yep, but you can't post them here. We don't want Dave to get sued and we don't have enough money in the kitty to bail him out.

And Landry only wishes he could pull off one of my amazing donkey songs. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: klandry

More
3 weeks 18 minutes ago #376 by wilsun
wilsun replied the topic: Original Music Only

L17Tim wrote:

onewordheadline wrote: And Landry only wishes he could pull off one of my amazing donkey songs. :)

"Dancefloor Donkey" is my fave.

The following user(s) said Thank You: L17Tim, mattferrara

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #382 by mattferrara
mattferrara replied the topic: Original Music Only
Ditto

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds