What's new for you this year?

More
1 month 4 days ago #124 by klandry
klandry replied the topic: What's new for you this year?
I think I may finally have figured out how to get Garageband and my little Snowball mic to actually sound like me. The settings probably aren't interesting to anyone else, but he outcome will hopefully sound like you're sitting in the room with me this year.

At least that's the hope.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 days ago #129 by daedae
daedae replied the topic: What's new for you this year?

Matt Parker wrote: This will also be my first RPM with me drumming. I’ve always programmed before, but I’ve started playing again in the last 18 months after getting a set of e-drums

I did that last year...sort of. I mean, technically, I played all the notes, but very few of the songs were played straight through. Most of them I just punched in for one verse, then another verse, then a chorus later, etc--I was writing on the fly and usually couldn't remember the whole drum part to play it through.

Then I had to quantize the daylights out of everything. I'm blaming it on latency and not on my drumming time being that terrible. It turned out that in Reaper, "select all, quantize" only quantizes MIDI notes, but not CCs, which meant all of the hi hat pedal up/downs were out of sync, so I had to learn how to go edit those, too.

And then I had to fix the velocities because they were too low and largely too inconsistent. I'll take the blame for that one.

More
1 month 3 days ago #141 by Aged Machine
Aged Machine replied the topic: What's new for you this year?
Oooh! I left out the awesome iPad Pro 12.9" I got from my lovely wife for my birthday, which has been loaded up with all sorts of fun music making apps and synths for fun and excitement this round.

More
1 month 3 days ago #145 by mattferrara
mattferrara replied the topic: What's new for you this year?
I bought a new composition notebook for lyrics and whatnot. :)

More
1 month 3 days ago #147 by angiefightscrime
angiefightscrime replied the topic: What's new for you this year?
I've been using logic all year, so i'll try to record with that. theres a set of v-drums in my studio, I may use that, back to writing everything beforehand, because the other way is too hard I will definitely need some singers, we'll see how that goes and other than that it will be the same old me.

More
1 month 3 days ago #150 by carrier_signal
carrier_signal replied the topic: What's new for you this year?
This f**king thing...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aged Machine, tonyhogard, Lunarsight, onewordheadline

More
1 month 2 days ago - 1 month 2 days ago #159 by Soundsmith Kamachi
Soundsmith Kamachi replied the topic: What's new for you this year?
Wait, I can top that :-)
My new Softube Modular :-))))
Last Edit: 1 month 2 days ago by Soundsmith Kamachi.

More
1 month 2 days ago #163 by A Beautiful Scene
A Beautiful Scene replied the topic: What's new for you this year?
Last year was the first year that I used live drums - I did a kick mic and one overhead - This year I am going to have 7 mics and better compressors. I have did some test runs and they already sound far superior to what I had last year.

More
1 month 2 days ago #164 by 6notes
6notes replied the topic: What's new for you this year?
Steve: Quite a lot new. After years of using synth/sampler/recording hardware this year I'm limiting myself to Ableton Live Lite 9* to compose my parts for our album. I've got the Oxygen 25 Mk4 for Xmas so it's all very new to me. So far I've managed to set up a few multisampled instruments as I don't much want to rely on any presets. I get the grid layout now I just need to do something useful with it.

I'm still going to mix down in Harrison Mixbus 4 because I don't much fancy trying to learn to use the arrangement view in Live just yet.

Oh, I got a new set of Bronze wound strings for my acoustic guitar so it will hopefully make an appearance.

* I can't complete an rpm without guitars.

More
1 month 2 days ago #167 by calebhawkins
calebhawkins replied the topic: What's new for you this year?
I got a Nashville style Telecaster with a three pickup configuration, maple neck and black body with chrome pickguard. I'll have video up at some point showing it off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 6notes

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds