Where do I submit?

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #479 by Nail_Grinder
Nail_Grinder created the topic: Where do I submit?
I have a sort of a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Where do we submit our final albums at the end of this?

I've only ever completed the challenge once,and that was four years ago. Back then we had to actually send a CD to a physical address. I seem to remember that changed a year or so ago. But since I ended up failing the challenge the last three years, I've not really paid attention to what you have to do to cross the finish line.

How do we prove we finished the challenge. Send a CD? Link to a Soundcloud account. Submit to a community playlist? Dropbox link? Blogpost? Forum post?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #480 by dave
dave replied the topic: Where do I submit?
10 songs or 35 minutes of original music, created during the month of February. Do that, and you are golden.

In terms of technical submission details, those are forthcoming. We'll have them by mid-month.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nail_Grinder

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #482 by Nail_Grinder
Nail_Grinder replied the topic: Where do I submit?
Awesome! Thanks!

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. :)

More
3 days 3 hours ago #836 by Punktim74
Punktim74 replied the topic: Where do I submit?
So...I'm done with mine. Will there be info on where to send the disc?

More
2 days 21 hours ago #837 by GumboStu
GumboStu replied the topic: Where do I submit?
Yes.

Be careful though because people who finish too early get disqualified

;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Punktim74

More
2 days 21 hours ago #838 by Punktim74
Punktim74 replied the topic: Where do I submit?
Oh man! I thought so!

More
2 days 21 hours ago #839 by GumboStu
GumboStu replied the topic: Where do I submit?
I imagine an email will go round when details are finalised. They do have to find somebody who is willing to unsack, unwrap and store a thousand cds. But i heard there are people who like that sort of thing born every minute :)

More
2 days 14 hours ago #842 by tribalogical
tribalogical replied the topic: Where do I submit?
Please consider letting us upload our tracks instead of sending them on CD? I think it would be much easier for all concerned.

One of the issues is a modern one. None of the computers I own today have optical drives anymore! If we need to submit by CD, I will need to put my album on a thumb drive and go somewhere to burn it.

That's my #1 feature request. That and getting rid of Flash from the Jukebox! :)

This will be my fifth RPM album, and first solo attempt. The first 4, between '08 and '11, were produced for a collaborative project called "Cafe Exotica".

That last minute scramble to get a CD properly burned and mailed out always felt more stressful than the entire month leading up to it (one wouldn't have thought that possible, but there it is). So all the more reason to do away with having to mail in a CD.

Please consider allowing uploads for submissions, save plastic and the shipping carbon footprint!

(I've been away for a few years, and understand that you may have already implemented an upload option. Please forgive my blithe ignorance if that's the case, and also…please show me the way to that functionality.)

thanks & regards!
tribalogical

More
2 days 9 hours ago #844 by Soundsmith Kamachi
Soundsmith Kamachi replied the topic: Where do I submit?
Well, it is fine if there is also the upload option for those who do not have a cd drive anymore, but I hope that sending CDs will still be an option. It just does not feel complete for me if there is no real physical album created and sent by me:-)
Besides I love this panic, rush and adrenaline kicker to run to the post office on the very last day, it has become part of my challenge.

More
2 days 5 hours ago #846 by Dweeb
Dweeb replied the topic: Where do I submit?
What happened to the CDs we sent before? Are they all in a landfill somewhere, maybe? To tell the truth, if nobody is going to play them, I don't see the point in making and sending them.

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds