That "full band sound!"

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #612 by A Beautiful Scene
A Beautiful Scene created the topic: That "full band sound!"
Up front I would like to say that I have nothing against electronica or digital music even in the least. However, for this thread I would like to hear some suggestions for groups or individuals that have a more "traditional band" sounding project.

As simple as acoustic guitar and a vocal track up to 2-3 guitars, drums, bass, and three part vocals!

I personally love the stuff that sounds like it could be played live with group of musicians.

I just want to use this thread to get some suggestion on who/what projects are in that vein.

I will still perusing the demo player and listening to everything I can because everyone is doing great things, but I really do not want to miss anyone with great guitar or drum tones and some sort of vocal track.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian James, SoBaEx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #613 by angiefightscrime
angiefightscrime replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
I exclusively do the full band sound. multiple guitars, bass, live drums. it's really the only way I'd even think about doing this project.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #615 by robertjames1971
robertjames1971 replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
I do arrangements for a live band. Guitar/bass/drums/vocals, maybe a little piano here and there. In my case though only the guitars and the (bad) vocals are live. Everything else is MIDI.

I do my best but it never sounds like a live band, and it most definitely never feels like a live band.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian James

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #616 by asamford23
asamford23 replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
my stuff is basically band stuff, the drums are loops or programmed but i go for a realistic drum sound, and all the guitars, bass, synths/keys, and vocals are performed for real, by me.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #617 by KazzyLizz
KazzyLizz replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
I play band stuff! Guitars, bass, electric drum kit, vocals, and a little bit of keyboards. No acoustic guitar this time because it's in bad shape.

The music style is some kind of hard rock, with influences from rock'n'roll, metal, and blues. And maybe punk because the songs are one to two minutes long... :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian James

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #618 by ChristopherGBrown
ChristopherGBrown replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
I'm starting everything with acoustic guitar and seeing where it goes from there. My goal is to be more "natural" then I tend to be, as I normally favor drum machines and synthesizers as accompaniment. Ideally I'll have some live drums and at the very least actual percussion.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago - 2 weeks 1 day ago #624 by SoBaEx
SoBaEx replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
I'm using Drummer in Garageband (approximating live sound as best as I can), but besides that I am recording at least one bass, at least one lead bass track, and vocals on each of my tunes. I am also considering letting a friend blow into harmonicas (he doesn't know how to play harmonica)...
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by SoBaEx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Timburwolf

More
2 weeks 1 day ago - 2 weeks 1 day ago #625 by klandry
klandry replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
The guy who would know about this is Gary Fox. Sadly, rumor has it that the man is currently buried under mounds of work (blech!) and good family stuff (yay!). Here's what he did with a little simple acoustic/vocal track I sent him:

alonetone.com/keithlandryacoustic/tracks...d-only-with-gary-fox

It's just me at the start... Wait for the band (Gary) to kick in. It's worth it.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by klandry.

More
2 weeks 19 hours ago - 2 weeks 14 hours ago #636 by A Beautiful Scene
A Beautiful Scene replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
Well, this has started to go awry pretty quickly

- Please if you come across another band that is currently participating in this years challenge, that has at least a vocal track with a traditional instrument, please suggest it. I do not mind the shameless self promoting but if it is not in the vein of a standard full band sound then I just get disappointed when I check through the demo players.

It also helps to have something in said demo player when a suggestion is made. Blank demo players are equally disappointing.

(not trying to be a dick, but I get how that sounded)
Last Edit: 2 weeks 14 hours ago by A Beautiful Scene.

More
2 weeks 19 hours ago #638 by chrishardyworld
chrishardyworld replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
all i do is the full band sound! i play drums, bass, piccolo bass, voices and a little bit of keys & guitar. this is what i sound like when i do the FBS (from my 2015 RPM album): chrishardy.bandcamp.com/track/butter-on-the-brain

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds