That "full band sound!"

More
1 week 5 days ago #639 by A Beautiful Scene
A Beautiful Scene replied the topic: That "full band sound!"

chrishardyworld wrote: all i do is the full band sound! i play drums, bass, piccolo bass, voices and a little bit of keys & guitar. this is what i sound like when i do the FBS (from my 2015 RPM album): chrishardy.bandcamp.com/track/butter-on-the-brain

This is cool, do you have anything for this year yet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #640 by klandry
klandry replied the topic: That "full band sound!"

A Beautiful Scene wrote: Well, this has started to go awry pretty quickly

- Please if you come across another band that is currently participating in this years challenge, that has at least a vocal track with a real instrument, please suggest it. I do not mind the shameless self promoting but if it is not in the vein of a standard full band sound then I just get disappointed when I check through the demo players.

It also helps to have something in said demo player when a suggestion is made. Blank demo players are equally disappointing.

(not trying to be a dick, but I get how that sounded)

It's fine to sound like a dick, especially when acknowledging said dickishness.

More
1 week 4 days ago #647 by TimHall
TimHall replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
I also try for a full band sound. Nothing in my player yet but here's my 2016 rpm album. I played and sang everything on it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mattferrara, Dweeb

More
1 week 4 days ago #649 by Aged Machine
Aged Machine replied the topic: That "full band sound!"

- Please if you come across another band that is currently participating in this years challenge, that has at least a vocal track with a real instrument, please suggest it.

THIS topic again...
"A musical instrument is an instrument created or adapted to make musical sounds. In principle, any object that produces sound can be considered a musical instrument—it is through purpose that the object becomes a musical instrument."

A synthesizer IS a 'real instrument'
... not trying to be a dick, but...
The following user(s) said Thank You: mattferrara, wilsun, ChristopherGBrown

More
1 week 4 days ago #650 by DirtySpirits
DirtySpirits replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
Here are my 2018 songs thus far. Not at all finished but my basic rig. Im doing a hybrid solo/band album with a traditional :P instrument variety. good luck!

<iframe src=" rpmchallenge.com/index.php/component/myp...nent&embed=1&Itemid= " width="300" height="400"></iframe>

More
1 week 4 days ago #651 by A Beautiful Scene

Aged Machine wrote:

- Please if you come across another band that is currently participating in this years challenge, that has at least a vocal track with a real instrument, please suggest it.

THIS topic again...
"A musical instrument is an instrument created or adapted to make musical sounds. In principle, any object that produces sound can be considered a musical instrument—it is through purpose that the object becomes a musical instrument."

A synthesizer IS a 'real instrument'
... not trying to be a dick, but...

Please know I mean no offence, It is not a matter of musicianship or whether or not you are able to play or what you play... I am simply looking to hear more of a certain sound.

I am not sure how to state that enough. There really is no need for argument here. If you have something to suggest go for, if not there are other threads and places to post.

More
1 week 4 days ago #652 by chrishardyworld
chrishardyworld replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
thanks! i've got lots of ideas and lyrics for this time, but nothing recorded. i spent the last 5 days building a chicken house, lol.

More
1 week 4 days ago #654 by Timburwolf
Timburwolf replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
Hi, Yep I am tracking live guitars, bass using midi drums hand banged on de keyboard. evathing a little shakey, but fun :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian James

More
1 week 4 days ago #657 by klandry
klandry replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
A Beautiful Scene,

I'm just trying to get straight what you're looking for here. You'd like suggestions for bands currently working on the full band sound. You're interested only in hearing music that's currently being made solely by musicians that fit the precise description you've provided, but aren't interested in hearing anything anyone may have made previously. So, if anyone currently has something in the works that might fit your description, you'd like to hear it unless the final product might not fit your description.

I guess I am most interested in the motivation for the creation of this topic, and I assure you that I am not trying to offend you or anyone else in replying here once again.

Are you just interested in listening to good music? If so, one would think having artists point you in the direction of their past work wouldn't be such a bad thing. Hell, that's one of the great things about RPM. A thread like this can point so many people in the direction of so much good music - much of which is superior to stuff you'd hear on the radio.

Are you interested in picking the brains of those who have created the "full band" sound? If so, sending you to past music to make sure an artists' sound suits your narrow criteria seems like a good way to get the conversation going. Again, this is what makes this community so great. There are brilliant people here who have so much to offer to those trying to make great music.

ABS, from the posts I've read here, people are trying to oblige your original request. I don't have vocals up yet on the guitar tracks in my player. I do have a mountain of past music recorded with all live instruments - all fitting the descriptions you've given. I don't know if you care to listen to it (which makes me wonder why you asked for such tracks in the first place), or if you care to understand how the sound was created and layered (since you seemed to dismiss my initial post).

So, if you're interested in hearing a full band album because you appreciated good music, I can offer you these. The first is my RPM effort from a few years back. The second is an album recorded with many RPMers in between RPM projects.

alonetone.com/keithlandryacoustic/playlists/just-as-well
keithlandry.bandcamp.com/album/stone-from-the-ocean

If you're interested in finding out why it all sounds so good, I can start by saying that RPMers are really talented, and if you ask them to record tracks for you (when sending them rhythm guitar and vocals), they kill it on drums, bass, vocals, piano, and guitar.

Hopefully this has been helpful for whatever it is you're hoping to glean from this topic... And good luck with your album!

Keith Landry
The following user(s) said Thank You: tonyhogard, bananabrownie

More
1 week 4 days ago #658 by A Beautiful Scene
Let me try to start over here... With any luck we can get back on track.

So I would like to hear some suggestion of any anyone you have come across this year that is getting that full band sound.

Anything from a Vocal track and acoustic guitar to multiple guitars, bass, keys, drums, and vocals (just an example not a limiter)

I will go first -
Andy Samford - Heavy guitars and rock vocals going, Drums and bass as well! Go check him out - As if you weren't already

L17 - Good Full band Traditional sound! Love his waltz song he has up!

Matt Parker - Good tones coming from this guy - Nailing the rock sound
The following user(s) said Thank You: asamford23

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds