That "full band sound!"

More
1 week 6 days ago #659 by Aged Machine
Aged Machine replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
BTW, I was just bustin' your chops for using the phrase "real instruments," - totally for a laugh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #660 by A Beautiful Scene
A Beautiful Scene replied the topic: That "full band sound!"

Aged Machine wrote: BTW, I was just bustin' your chops for using the phrase "real instruments," - totally for a laugh.

Oh Thank God, I was really upset that I had fudge up this year and went off offending people with out trying!

I dig your stuff and appreciate what you do!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aged Machine

More
1 week 6 days ago #661 by ChristopherGBrown
ChristopherGBrown replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
I'm hoping to add some tracks to my player tomorrow. Right now I just have bare bones acoustic parts solo, but tomorrow I'm planning on spending the entire day overdubbing ukelele, glockenspiel, percussion, and possibly some bass or cello. Would that be in the right ballpark?

More
1 week 6 days ago - 1 week 6 days ago #662 by A Beautiful Scene

ChristopherGBrown wrote: I'm hoping to add some tracks to my player tomorrow. Right now I just have bare bones acoustic parts solo, but tomorrow I'm planning on spending the entire day overdubbing ukelele, glockenspiel, percussion, and possibly some bass or cello. Would that be in the right ballpark?

Holy crap that is ambitious! Everyone has the right ball park I just do not think the game has started. I think towards to end of the month this will make more sense. When people start to get their players with tracks in them, we can really hear everything!

If anyone else bounces around like I do, you will come across something that you will want to share. If it has a good melody, that is what I do not want to miss.

I cannot wait to hear people's lyrics sound like over the music they have created!
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by A Beautiful Scene.

More
1 week 6 days ago #663 by A Beautiful Scene
Dave Mundy and the Best kind - Good blues and really soulful sounding stuff here! Good melodies from that harmonica!

More
1 week 6 days ago #664 by ChristopherGBrown
ChristopherGBrown replied the topic: That "full band sound!"

A Beautiful Scene wrote:
Holy crap that is ambitious! Everyone has the right ball park I just do not think the game has started. I think towards to end of the month this will make more sense. When people start to get their players with tracks in them, we can really hear everything!

If anyone else bounces around like I do, you will come across something that you will want to share. If it has a good melody, that is what I do not want to miss.

I cannot wait to hear people's lyrics sound like over the music they have created!

Yeah I'm dreading lyrics so I'm burying myself in instrumental parts right now. I'm hoping I'll absentmindedly hit upon a few key lines while working on the music.

More
1 week 6 days ago - 1 week 6 days ago #670 by wilsun
wilsun replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
All my RPM albums have been full instrumentation so far. I start most if not all my songs on acoustic guitar and then work from there. I don't have a recording rig, studio, mics, drumset, etc... just my iPad. I record my vocals and live acoustic guitar into the iPad and then program everything else in GarageBand; bass, drums, keys, etc. All my noisy guitar sounds are recorded on the acoustic guitar and then processed through GarageBand.

I have a real bass guitar but it doesn't sound right when recorded through the iPad. I wish I had a real drumset but I live in a tiny apartment so I can't. Strangely enough, with all the editing options GarageBand has with programmed drums, I still program it as if I was playing it... which is to say very simply.

Keith Landry keeps threatening me to record an acoustic album... maybe next year!
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by wilsun.

More
1 week 6 days ago #672 by klandry
klandry replied the topic: That "full band sound!"

wilsun wrote: Keith Landry keeps threatening me to record an acoustic album... maybe next year!

Not threatening. BEGGING. I think a Wilsun acoustic album would be AMAZING.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wilsun

More
1 week 6 days ago #673 by ShedDevils
ShedDevils replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
The Shed Devils are a St. John's based band working on a full band recording. The one demo track I've upload so far has vocals and guitar recorded by the songwriter on his portable recorder (not sure which brand), this track was then imported into Garageband, and I recorded my acoustic drums on top. The idea is that we would use this as a guide track and add bass, lead guitar, backing vocals later, and probably replace the original vocal and guitar. But we kind of like the sound of the original vocals, so they may stay ...

More
1 week 6 days ago #676 by Jim Phillips
Jim Phillips replied the topic: That "full band sound!"
I guess I'm aiming for a 'full band sound', with electric guitar, bass guitar and midi drums. I'm putting vocals in here and there and planning on layering up guitar parts, maybe midi keys and even a bass solo. Yes, you read correctly.
Would put something up to hear, but I am battling with available time and don't have a room which can stay set up, so I have tried to do a different instrument each sitting to save continually setting everything up and packing it all away every time I record.
Consequently I have 10 'backing tracks' (barr a few midi drums) and no 'complete' songs to share yet, doh.
I agree, it's going to be great to hear other people's tracks with similar set ups. I'm really enjoying hearing the variety and talent on display here. All the best to all :)

Time to create page: 0.339 seconds