× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

Important tips to remember for RPM...

More
4 days 20 hours ago #40 by Aged Machine
Aged Machine created the topic: Important tips to remember for RPM...
Well, this is a suggestion box, and these are suggestions.. just for people, not the site.

1) Save your work -- frequently. Every year it happens -- sometimes more than once -- Someone's long, sad blog about how all the work they've put into their album was lost, due to a computer or hard drive crash...

-=-=-=- PLEASE -- SAVE YOUR WORK. -=-=-=-
Back it up to the cloud if you can, or to an external backup device, or a CD or DVD. Save your song files every 10-15 minutes. Don't lose your efforts due to computer error, it's a terrible thing that can be easily prevented...

2) Keep an open mind. Maybe what you're making isn't what you had in mind at first, maybe you're making something not your usual style, sometimes this is the best learning experience you can have... and learning as you go is a great growth experience for any musician.

3) Interact with people - we're all here to do the same thing - make music / record an album. Many people are happy to share their talents, their advice, experience, songwriting tips, and more. You get out of it what you put in, and the community here is a great place for that to get started.

I'll step off my soapbox now and get back to synthesizers, being vocal isn't my strong point...
The following user(s) said Thank You: klandry, robertjames1971, Pizza Snakes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds