× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

Obligatory "but wait..."

More
5 days 20 hours ago #4 by Aged Machine
Aged Machine created the topic: Obligatory "but wait..."
the sidebar showing which bands/artists were logged in was nice on the old site - I know the information is available elsewhere, but it does give a sense of 'oh, look, I'm not the only person here' - how else can we make this friendly and welcoming to new people signing up for the first time? This one looks so blank and empty right now. Will there be a jukebox or anything added in to the front page? Did the old RPM library of tunes disappear with the new site?

These questions and more... on the next.. RPM Challenge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 days 19 hours ago #8 by daedae
daedae replied the topic: Obligatory "but wait..."
I see an "Online" list now... although if we're being nitpicky, it shows usernames rather than band names.

More
5 days 16 hours ago - 5 days 15 hours ago #14 by klandry
klandry replied the topic: Obligatory "but wait..."
Yes, and having the forums and blogs in the sidebar was nice, and although I suspect we'll all get used to finding each other under the new format, it did provide instant access to the latest thoughts from each other.

I know I followed people I otherwise never would have had their blogs and forum entries not been in plain sight.
Last Edit: 5 days 15 hours ago by klandry.

More
5 days 15 hours ago #20 by klandry
klandry replied the topic: Obligatory "but wait..."

daedae wrote: I see an "Online" list now... although if we're being nitpicky, it shows usernames rather than band names.

I agree that band names would be better if possible.

More
5 days 15 hours ago #22 by Matt Parker
Matt Parker replied the topic: Obligatory "but wait..."
I've been assured that the RPM library will still be kicking around somewhere as I offered to host it and was told it wouldn't be necessary - but I'm not sure where it's gone at the moment.

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds