× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

Things Tim Is Working On

More
1 month 2 days ago #166 by L17Tim
L17Tim created the topic: Things Tim Is Working On
I don't have a lot of spare time these days, so I mostly send my brilliant (and difficult) ideas to Dave to figure out how to implement, but here's what's on my hit list. I'll go ahead and say "you're welcome" in advance. :)
  1. Blogs: There is supposedly a way to make the blogs appear in the latest list on the right. It's likely to break in some way, shape, or form, but I'm going to try to implement it. This stuff is harder than it looks....
  2. ProfilePlayers: Dave is going to activate them soon. They worked when we tested things previously.
  3. Front Page Player: I think I can make this work, and it will be something that should work on mobile. The player should be easy, but the playlist bit takes some hacking of the perl scripts that have previously created the playlists. Luckily, if I can't figure it out, we have Marz. I think we can make this work.

There will be more. Be patient. Say thanks more than complaining. Please. Trust me.

You're welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 days ago #168 by asamford23
asamford23 replied the topic: Things Tim Is Working On
Thanks Tim!
The following user(s) said Thank You: L17Tim

More
1 month 2 days ago #169 by klandry
klandry replied the topic: Things Tim Is Working On
Yes, Thanks Tim!

More
1 month 2 days ago #171 by A Beautiful Scene
A Beautiful Scene replied the topic: Things Tim Is Working On

L17Tim wrote: I don't have a lot of spare time these days, so I mostly send my brilliant (and difficult) ideas to Dave to figure out how to implement, but here's what's on my hit list. I'll go ahead and say "you're welcome" in advance. :)

1. Blogs: There is supposedly a way to make the blogs appear in the latest list on the right. It's likely to break in some way, shape, or form, but I'm going to try to implement it. This stuff is harder than it looks....
  2. ProfilePlayers: Dave is going to activate them soon. They worked when we tested things previously.
  3. Front Page Player: I think I can make this work, and it will be something that should work on mobile. The player should be easy, but the playlist bit takes some hacking of the perl scripts that have previously created the playlists. Luckily, if I can't figure it out, we have Marz. I think we can make this work.

There will be more. Be patient. Say thanks more than complaining. Please. Trust me.

You're welcome.

In the end we all still get to record our music and I imagine there will be a way submit at the end of the month. Website and all of its features are just a bonus.

The first year we did all of this, it was a piece of paper sign up sheet and you had to physically bring you disc to the wire. My experience that year was still awesome and still accomplished.

You do good work around here Tim; we all greatly appreciate you and the team you work with! Patience will most certainly be given
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Checkers Speech, onewordheadline

More
1 month 2 days ago #172 by L17Tim
L17Tim replied the topic: Things Tim Is Working On
Thanks, Brian. I'm interested in what the HQ folks come up with for submissions this year. I have some ideas about how to save/archive the data, but it won't be via the jukebox/jukebox uploader. That beast won't work post-rebuild.

More
1 month 2 days ago #173 by Matt Parker
Matt Parker replied the topic: Things Tim Is Working On
If you need a hand with that Tim, feel free to give me a shout

More
1 month 2 days ago #174 by L17Tim

Matt Parker wrote: If you need a hand with that Tim, feel free to give me a shout

Will do, Matt. You may end up as a site admin..... :)

More
4 weeks 1 day ago - 4 weeks 1 day ago #219 by L17Tim

L17Tim wrote:

Profile players are active. You can test it by listening to a song on my profile. :) This was far more difficult than it should have been, but I have some faith we can make a latest demos player work now, either on the front page or somewhere else.

The blogs are being difficult. I've made the systemic adjustments to get them working correctly, but something is wrong with the categories, so publishing doesn't work. That would seem to be a problem. As for now, if you can publish a blog post, I've reverted to the old system, which is the one where I can't get a list of latest posts.
Last Edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by L17Tim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: daedae, klandry, Dweeb

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #223 by L17Tim
Can a couple of you upload songs to your profile players? I need to verify that your songs post correctly (tell me in this thread...) and I'm working with a "latest uploads" module and I'd like to see if it's working. If you'd like to see it, go to rpmchallenge.com/index.php/2018-participants . It's at the top of the page right now as a test.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #225 by mattferrara
mattferrara replied the topic: Things Tim Is Working On
Thanks for working so hard for all of us, Tim. I clicked on the upload on my profile player to test it and I got this page:

imageshack.us/i/poKb2HE5p
The following user(s) said Thank You: annok

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds