How Do You Do...It

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #481 by L17Tim
L17Tim replied the topic: How Do You Do...It
This came up in the slack room.....

Know when to walk away. A lot of the stress from RPM is self-inflicted. You think it's the deadline, and sometimes it is. But sometimes it's pushing when you shouldn't. Case in point, here's my story from tonight:

I was recording my first demo. The first acoustic song is always tricky. I started adding the scratch vocal and…. I left 8 bars out of the first verse. Grrrr. Then my wife came home and started making noise. I was getting annoyed and then remembered that I’ve been stabby all week, so I just shut everything off and walked out of the studio. I have tomorrow off work to get started and a full weekend thereafter. Pushing today would just go sideways. Plus, Clarke delivered most of a song to me already, so our ridiculous dance song is well underway.

What would pushing accomplish? Sub-standard work I would just have to re-work and more frustration.

So know when to take a break. Seriously. Sometimes a night off is the best approach, even when it's night number one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aged Machine, klandry, JonathanR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #492 by ali_kilpatrick
ali_kilpatrick replied the topic: How Do You Do...It

L17Tim wrote: Sometimes a night off is the best approach, even when it's night number one.

Or maybe especially if it's night number one! Easy to see I didn't get much done :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds