× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Everybody knows me...

More
5 days 16 hours ago #19 by daedae
daedae created the topic: Everybody knows me...
Well, maybe. I guess I've been floating around the site since RPM2009, after I stumbled across some blog where a person was talking about gearing up for it again. I haven't completed it every year since then, but I've at least recorded a track or two for each one.

This year...well, I guess we'll see. Does anybody have tips for blocking out time to make music with a 2 month old in the house?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aged Machine, rubatorem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 days 14 hours ago #25 by postrockr
postrockr replied the topic: Everybody knows me...
2 month old sounds tough, but not the most distracting age.

Do you record mic sources or mostly in the box sounds? It might be useful to have a mobile setup that you could bring aroudn the house with you.

More
5 days 14 hours ago #26 by daedae
daedae replied the topic: Everybody knows me...
Functionally, nothing is miced--I'm not much of a lyricist/vocalist, and all of my instruments are VSTs or electric instruments run through an AxeFX. I do have an electronic drum kit I use occasionally, so banging on those pads is the loudest part of it all. And, fortunately, the music room is on a different floor and opposite end of the house from the baby's room.

The real issue is just that I'm at work all day, so when I get home from work, I'm sure my wife would appreciate it if I would let her take some time off baby duty :)

More
5 days 9 hours ago #30 by chrooke
chrooke replied the topic: Everybody knows me...
I was halfway through my first RPM Challenge (2007) when I suddenly had a one month old. I still remember one 2AM holding her in my arms feeding her with my supporting arm on the trackpad laying down loops, then improvising some scat vocals while burping her. I called the song "Feeding Frenzy".

You've just got to make it work (and perhaps lower your bar for what is "acceptable").

More
5 days 8 hours ago #32 by postrockr
postrockr replied the topic: Everybody knows me...
Oooo, that does sound like a tricky situation for sure.

Jolly jumper in the studio within eyesight? Lol. They LOVE those suckers. And wife will be happy to get a break.

You might have to re-orient your desk...its important to keep an eye on your 2 month old with those...

Also, make sure volume is kept nice and low :)

then you can get the 2 month old on your lap when you're mixing. the squirming will help you make critical decisions quickly ;)

Just an idea!

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds