× Welcome to the RPM Challenge forum!

Tell us and the community who you are, what you sound like and what you hope to create this year.

Greetings from Michigan.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #432 by capt_nemo_54
capt_nemo_54 created the topic: Greetings from Michigan.
Hi, my name is John. Long-time wannabe RPMer, hopefully first time finisher. I have a handful of tracks left from previous years when I started, which might total up to ten songs or thirty-five minutes, but just doing a compilation of previous failures - even if I'm the only one who knows - feels like cheating to me.

This year is kind of a big deal for me. I have a lot going on to distract me. My mother is having spine surgery on March 1st, so the deadline is pretty hardcore in my mind. And my wife and I just found out that she's pregnant two weeks ago, meaning my studio space is being converted into a nursery this summer.

So, this is kind of my do-or-die year. Between work, neurosurgeon consultations, ultrasounds, visiting my in-laws, and my dogs being themselves.... its definitely a challenge.

So, hey, I hope y'all succeed. I hope I succeed. I'm planning to succeed.

See you at the finish line.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dave, carrier_signal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #433 by Lyndell
Lyndell replied the topic: Greetings from Michigan.
Do your thing. I doesn't have to be anything but what it is. 28 days is longer than you think it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: capt_nemo_54

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #435 by beckwith
beckwith replied the topic: Greetings from Michigan.
Hi John! Welcome. It is hard being ok with a project that's not fully finished in your head. That, and the long hours. Just use it as a time to get all that stuff that's been bottled up out. It makes February much more therapeutic if you look at it that way then just 28 more days of gray winter when you're ready for some spring!

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #437 by IronAngel
IronAngel replied the topic: Greetings from Michigan.
Howdy from directly across the state from you! (well, a bit south of ludington, but good enough).

Hope your mum's surgery goes well and your instruments stay in tune! Rock on

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds