× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Postrockr here. 1st Challenge :D

More
5 days 14 hours ago #23 by postrockr
postrockr created the topic: Postrockr here. 1st Challenge :D
Hi everyone! Thanks to Matt Parker for sharing this site with me through Reverb. Will def pass it on to my friends as well.

I've been needing something like this to get my creative juices flowing. Been obsessed with music for about 15 years now and have spent way too much time and money on it to even count LOL. Like many of us here I'm sure.

I'm currently on disability for the first time. Some health issues have really gotten in my way over the last few years and I happen to have all of February off. So, I'm really comitted to this project and being a part of the community.

A bit of background about me: I'm a great guitarist/bassist and play lots of other stringed instruments. My wife is a classically trained Cellist and a great contemporary singer too. We make art rock/trip hop style music together. Myself, I like things a bit darker and heavier but also enjoy a well written song. Really imagining creating something similar to Daniel Lanois Belladona but with more post-rock type structure, and heavy experimental percussion. My buddy out of toronto will be mixing, and we go way back and I trust his work. So, for the first time, I'm not worrying about mixing and we're feeding stems off each other and I'll be playing around with the arrangement as we do this back and forth.

Gear: not a whole lot left! I sold a stupid amount of gear in the last 6 months as a result of my disability. Part of that was a large guitar arsenal. So, I'm down to the basics. Trusty strat, trusty acoustic, warwick bass, looping pedals, vintage amp, two mics (SM7 and AT4047), Cloudlifter, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 Interface, an Elektron Analog Keys, Ableton Live, Waves/UAD/Soundtoys/Native Instruments/Slate plugs.

A real music making setup really..so I'm actually really happy to be down to the basics when working alone in the studio.

Shoot me a line or add to the conversation if any of my gear or influences resonate. Or maybe you're just also excited to be making music in February!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aged Machine, rubatorem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 days 14 hours ago #27 by daedae
daedae replied the topic: Postrockr here. 1st Challenge :D
Welcome!

More
5 days 9 hours ago #29 by BogStomp
BogStomp replied the topic: Postrockr here. 1st Challenge :D
Welcome to RPM, look forward to hearing your music

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds