× Welcome to the RPM Challenge forum!

Tell us and the community who you are, what you sound like and what you hope to create this year.

A cheery wave from Warsaw

More
2 weeks 3 days ago - 2 weeks 3 days ago #533 by nsm
nsm created the topic: A cheery wave from Warsaw
Hey all

This is my second RPM challenge attempt - my first was back before I moved to Poland so it was pre-2010, I think - so consider me a newbie.

I'm a 38 year old Scottish emigrant living in Warsaw, Poland and I run a small indie record label here. Long story short, I've been writing and recording music since I was 16 but normally I've written songs with a partner be it in a band, or as a duo. That said, I've composed (modern-classical) music on my own and made a decent go of that. This year it's a plan to try to break out as a songwriter on my own for the first (real) time. The general sense of this plan is to head in a power pop / 60s pop / indie pop direction.

I haven't had a chance to write on these forums yet but I woke early to get started on it today as I have some time before I can crank the amp up to record the guitars - at least if I don't want to be evicted.

As something of a wider experiment, as I go through the challenge, I'm going to be blogging, and video-blogging semi-regularly. Here's day two's vid.

Other stuff... I mean if anyone wants to say hi - do... it would be nice to meet some folk as I go along with that.

Anyways, hi! I'm going to try to be around on the forums during the next 26 days but whether I will have time is another matter.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by nsm. Reason: Video link not working
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #544 by Matt Parker
Matt Parker replied the topic: A cheery wave from Warsaw
*waves*. Hi from the UK. Good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian James, Pisŧöff

More
1 week 5 days ago #626 by daedae
daedae replied the topic: A cheery wave from Warsaw
Witaj! (Unfortunately, there are too many gaps in my Polish vocabulary to construct any other thoughts that actually seem relevant)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pisŧöff

More
1 week 4 days ago #644 by Ian James
Ian James replied the topic: A cheery wave from Warsaw
Welcome Dude!! How beautiful is Poland this time of year?? All the best with your challenge!!

More
1 week 2 days ago #694 by albinoSQUIRREL
albinoSQUIRREL replied the topic: A cheery wave from Warsaw
Howdy from Atlanta!

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds