Inspirational Lisening

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #582 by tonyhogard
tonyhogard replied the topic: Inspirational Lisening
Mostly the Fall (naturally, sadly) of late, along with Syd Barrett and some French prog/RIO.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 20 hours ago #592 by robertjames1971
robertjames1971 replied the topic: Inspirational Lisening
Not so much for inspiration, more like taking advantage of streaming services to find people I heard about when I was younger but never actually heard. These days there is a lot of Terry Reid and Peter Green and Rory Gallagher playing in my house.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian James

More
1 week 3 days ago #685 by A Relative Term
A Relative Term replied the topic: Inspirational Lisening
Listened to the first eighth (?) of Max Richter's Sleep last night. Very fulfilling listen. I will likely be back throughout the rest of the month to listen to the rest of the whole piece as needed.

More
1 week 2 days ago #687 by DirtySpirits
DirtySpirits replied the topic: Inspirational Lisening
This song is a few years old but it can almost move me to tears still. i hadnt heard it in a while and listened to it at the beginning of the month for inspiration and somehow my first song is called Waiting. i think their song really shows how a sparse song can really be powerful. every part is meaningful and the words are superb.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

More
1 week 2 days ago #692 by Dave21
Dave21 replied the topic: Inspirational Lisening
Wow I'll have to check out Jesca Hoop's other songs!

Great list! I may have to steal some inspiration from here too!

Cheers-
-dave21
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lunarsight

More
1 week 2 days ago #699 by robertjames1971
robertjames1971 replied the topic: Inspirational Lisening
Steven Wilson. I know he's been around forever, but I only heard him for the first time a few months ago. I'm trying desperately not to steal riffs. Or at least not to make it obvious that I'm stealing riffs.

More
1 week 2 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #700 by Lunarsight
Lunarsight replied the topic: Inspirational Lisening

robertjames1971 wrote: Steven Wilson. I know he's been around forever, but I only heard him for the first time a few months ago. I'm trying desperately not to steal riffs. Or at least not to make it obvious that I'm stealing riffs.

Have you listened to any of the Porcupine Tree stuff yet? There's the more rock-oriented stuff they did later on, but some of the earlier material has more of a progressive rock/electronic fusion sort of feel to it. (The Sky Moves Sideways, Signify, etc.)
Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by Lunarsight. Reason: redundancy, and also repeating myself.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds